**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Heat

dress (worn as top): forever 21 | skirt: forever 21 | belt: forever 21 | loafers: target
Yesterday my mum and I decided to treat ourselves to a chick flick. It's been a little while since I've actually been to the cinema, so it was nice to unwind and have a few laughs. Unfortunately, there are actually no guilty pleasure girly films out at the moment (or anything interesting at all, really, other than Monsters University which I have yet to see), so we decided on the new comedy with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. I'll be honest, from the previews on telly, the film didn't look all that great to us. But knowing the same director was in charge of Bridesmaids, one of my favourite comedies, the reviews not actually being that bad, and being fans of both Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy, we decided to give it a try!

We were pleasantly surprised! Despite the theatre being filled with 90% elderly folk, the film had my mum and me in stitches, and it was a real treat to watch. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are a hilariously unexpected and refreshing comedic duo, and I'd actually love to see them work together again someday (preferably not in a sequel... I have strong opinions about milking a franchise for all its worth in the form of sequels and spin-offs). I won't give too much away, but if you're in need of a laugh and some girl-power action, I urge you to see this movie or at least rent it when it's out on Netflix.

For the cinema, I wore a more casual and comfortable layered outfit that I ended up really liking after making a few tweaks from my original idea! Whenever I'm in doubt about shoes, I just throw on my pair of trusty loafers!

Have you all seen any good movies recently? What did you like about them? What do you wear when you go to the cinema? Let me know in the comments below! **Also make sure to follow Love & Velvet on BlogLovin' because I don't want to lose all of you when Google Friend Connect comes to a close!


♥ Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment