**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pseudo-Punk on a Monday

HELLO, LOVELY FASHION BLAG READERS.
I haven't been here in a while. I was talking about The Cure with my brother today and he told me that my style is sort of New Wave, so I decided to play dress up and ended up crafting an outfit that seems more punk inspired, but there is definitely some Robert Smith in there. I took all of these pictures myself, so if you want to read more about how I did it and view my other photography projects, check out my blog over here.









Flannel: Thrifted | Tights: Macy's | Necklace: Found Objects (It's a snuffbox on a ball chain) | Pin: Handmade by me | Gloves: Hot Topic
Makeup: Maybeline Black Stiletto Eyeliner (eyes and freckles) | Clinque Lipstick in A Different Grape | NYX Pearl Eyeshadow | Urban Decay Black Eyeshadow (for the brows).

To keep my hair up, I use Alterna Hair Concrete, which looks like this:

I like using this because it doesn't gunk up your hair too much but has a strong hold without me having to use plasticky hairspray. 
The makeup was roughly inspired by the bottom-heavy makeup of Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander–


My bby

Alright, thanks guys, and remember to play dress up whenever you can!

–Rachael




1 comment :

  1. You'd look mega cute with freckles. Just saying. Also I love you xoxox

    ReplyDelete