**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence Day

Hello, my fluffy little bald eagles, and Happy Independence Day, aka Fourth of July! I'm not a particularly patriotic person, being born out of the country, (not that there's anything wrong with people who are--more power to you!), but when I set my mind to the feminist movement of the WWII era, I definitely can get into it, plus I love any excuse to dress up a certain way!

bandana: vintage | top: forever 21 | shorts: old navy | socks: claire's | bag: thrifted | shoes: thrifted
I wore my specially handmade pins ("Cherry Cola" by Rachael, and the Nate Ruess one by me) that seemed to fit the overall colour scheme of the ensemble. I decided to go with red accessories since I don't really own much red I've come to find out!


I spent my day having brunch with my brother and his friends, playing L.A. Noire and Animal Crossing (Wild World, that is--not the new one. I'm clearly not cool enough to own that let alone a 3DS), watching my cats roughhouse, eating sweets, planning my weekend, and watching Lincoln with the family. It seemed appropriate to end the day by watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, so I did just that.





I hope you all had a wonderful Fourth, whether you were celebrating with fireworks, sitting quietly at home, or even outside of the U.S. having a typical summer's day.


♥ Sarah

3 comments :

  1. You look adoooorable! I have that same shirt (if it's from Forever 21), and I love how you styled it! You look like a hybrid of Rosie the Riveter and Dorothy of Oz. Loving it, and that bag is awesome!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from Forever 21! I saw it and fell in love. Thank you so much that's actually exactly what I thought when I put it all together! xox

      Delete
  2. I have almost the exact same top, except the polka dots are hearts and the shirt ties in the front! Twins ♥

    ReplyDelete