**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Monday, July 1, 2013

Girl Crush: Elle Fanning



It is no secret that I have a huge, almost unhealthy, girl crush on Elle Fanning, as I have for a number of years. The first time I really noticed her was in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, back in 2008, but I wasn't truly obsessed until 2011 when Super 8 came to theatres and my older brother took me to see it. Through these films, I was dumbfounded at how talented Elle was at such a young age (more so than her sister, in my opinion). Not only that, but I found her to have strikingly natural beauty and poise.

Eventually, after stalking the actors, as I do after seeing a movie I simply adored, I began to notice Elle's personal style and fashion on the red carpet. With that, I was hooked. So much so that I ended up creating my own little blog called Elle Fanning Style where I take photos of Elle from the internet and find exact matches or similar matches to the clothing she's wearing. It started out being for me, but then it began to get attention from magazine websites such as Nylon and Vogue France. That's when I knew I had to continue, and that's when my "girl crush" grew.

Elle Fanning soon became my ultimate style icon. There was hardly a time I saw her at a movie premiere and thought "I would never wear that". At only 15 (13 when my obsession took hold), she has been the topic of discussion about best dressed celebrities in Hollywood, has been the muse of brands such as Rodarte, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and more recently, J. Estina of Korea. She knows more about fashion and runway shows than most adults in the biz do, and she certainly shows it with the way she dresses. We all wish we could have been as stylish as she was starting at such a young age. For most of us it takes 16 or more years to find our personal style, for Elle, it took less than 12.

Although, I primarily crush from a fashionista point of view, Elle is also such a graciously kind and consistently bubbly person, seen clearly through her interviews. Her laugh is infectious, and her bubbly happiness will instantly bring a smile to your face.

Despite being four years older than the young actress, I am not ashamed to say that I undoubtedly look up to her and am continuously being fed inspiration from her outfits, from her street style to public events. I even bought the same pair of Dr. Martens (my first pair!) as she had, and many other Elle-inspired pieces in my wardrobe. She has made me more knowledgeable of designers, models, and brands, which overall, lead to me being a better blogger. Without the impact she made on my life, I probably wouldn't have this blog here today.

Needless to say, Elle won't be living in her sister's shadow in Hollywood. She's taken her own path, and is turning heads. I look forward to where she will be in the future, one of Hollywood's finest.


♥ Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment